As a caregiver, it can be extremely challenging to find balance between this responsibility and work. It’s crucial for managers to show them support and adapt their workflow to allow them to find this balance and not feel overwhelmed.
A caregiver who gets support from management, is an employee who will ultimately feel valued and be engaged.
- Moderator: Sam Fiorella
- Speaker: Wanda Shreve
Workplace lawyer, investigator, mediator and trainer, and principal of Work with Wanda (Wanda Shreve HR Law, Investigation & ADR Services).
- With a career spanning over 20 years’, Wanda practiced management-side labour and employment law at a national firm before holding senior roles in private and public sector organizations.
- Wanda leverages the breadth of her experience to advise employers on matters related to compliance, workplace culture, ethical conduct, and employee relations. Her clients appreciate her ability to provide legal advice with a leadership lens and employ tactics that are pragmatic, strategic, and effective.
- Wanda conducts independent investigations, offering an objective analysis into concerns of workplace misconduct, disrespect/bullying, violence, harassment, and discrimination. She mediates workplace conflicts and provides crucial conversation coaching.
- Given her own lived experience as a woman of colour, working caregiver to a parent with disabilities and a parent in her own right, Wanda is passionate about creating workplaces where all employees feel valued and can reach their full potential. Wanda helps leaders navigate today’s increasingly complex workplace by providing training where participants feel safe and engaged.
- Wanda regularly speaks, writes, and volunteers her time championing caregiving, diversity-equity-inclusion-belonging, and leadership practices that increase “#JobJoy”.
- Guest BOA member: Kathryn Hill
BA, CPA, CGA, FCPA. Seasoned Manager and Board of Director member, with in-depth knowledge and experience in Human Resources, Payroll, Benefits, Pension/Investments, Share Purchase and Corporate Insurance programs for multiple countries around the world.