How to build a company culture is a critical question for today's business leaders. If you want to create a great company culture, the first step is to define what you mean by work culture. You can then make changes to create a positive work environment. In this panel, we will discuss several useful strategies and tips you can implement immediately with Avanti.
- Moderator: Sam Fiorella
- Speaker: Co-CEOs of Avanti, David Owen Cord & Amin Lalani Amin Lalani
- Lifelong entrepreneur and investor Amin Lalani lead the acquisition of Avanti in September 2016.
- It was the perfect marriage of his expertise in finance and his passion for people. Since then, alongside his Co-CEO, David, he has helped to shape the culture and build the team that brings Avanti’s powerful people management tools to hundreds of thousands of employees across Canada.
- Like his Co-CEO, Amin is focused on developing Avanti to be a market leader. Through their collaborative partnership, Amin and David are building a company to be proud of. One that is not measured by market share or revenue, but rather by the positive outcomes driven by great people, in a cohesive culture, working toward realizing a singular long-term vision.
- David began his career in investment banking, working at Credit Suisse’s Technology group in San Francisco, before moving to private equity firm Onex in Toronto. At Onex, he evaluated investment opportunities across a multitude of industries and was actively involved in the acquisition of SIG - a leading global carton packaging provider – where he took a Secondment position in Europe working closely with its CEO and CFO and built upon his passion for operations.
- In 2018, David was ready to leverage his experience in finance and operations and focus on building a company. Having recently returned from working abroad, David and his friend Amin decided to partner together in leading Avanti.
- As Co-CEO with Avanti, David’s focus is Client Experience, which is delivered through Avanti’s Client Support, Client Implementation, and Client Success teams. With the goal of being considered a partner to clients, both David and Amin know that delivering on Avanti’s brand promise starts with its people.
David Owen Cord