Exploring the role of people technology in your organization

• Community ManagerCommunity Manager
    Community Manager

Following the September 7th expert panel discussion, what should be the role of people technology in organizations according to you?

(https://hcmdialogue.ca/events/exploring-the-role-of-people-technology-in-your-organization/)

September 7, 2022 at 13:59
    • Caitlin Henderson, PCPCaitlin Henderson, PCP
      Advocates Council

Thanks for having this conversation and sharing it with us. I believe that the role of people technology should be to serve all levels of individuals in a organization, and to recognize that there are many tasks that cannot be replaced. As the podcast shared when hiring employee’s there are several qualified personnel who are not getting past the computer because they are missing the keywords in their resumes. I truly appreciate having the payroll/HR technology we have today that allows employees easy access to accrual balances, pay slips, letters of employment and so much more. I look forward to seeing how far on-demand pay technology goes and how it can serve both the employee and the employer.

September 12, 2022 at 17:28
      • Ina TurnerIna Turner
        Member since Sep 2022

It is easier to work with the new technology in Payroll, however we are losing the ability to perform manual payroll – double checking with the softeware is set-up properly.

October 17, 2022 at 16:16
        • Denise BurnettDenise Burnett
          Member since Apr 2022

I love the idea of hiring for fit and not just what is written on their resume. Securing the best people will make the best team. I’ve always believed that skills can be taught so it is more important to hire for attitude or fit within the team/organization.

August 8, 2023 at 13:18
          • The topic ‘Exploring the role of people technology in your organization’ is closed to new replies.