What do I need to consider and highlight when I design my company culture?

• Community ManagerCommunity Manager
    Community Manager

Following our webinar “How to design a company culture and establish its values“:

What is your advice for fellow HR professionals who are designing their company culture? Which areas do they need to focus on?

October 5, 2022 at 12:56
    • Caitlin Henderson, PCPCaitlin Henderson, PCP
      Advocates Council

Thank you so much for this great webinar. My best advice would be to echo what was said in the webinar, to have the company culture you want your leaders need to reflect it. If you want employees to take their vacation time, and actually disconnect, then your leaders also need to do this.

October 7, 2022 at 14:01
      • Donna ParkerDonna Parker
        Member since Jul 2022

I believe once a company culture is identified then leadership needs to buy in to it and practice it. Employees cannot work in a culture that doesn’t exist.

October 13, 2022 at 10:00
        • Denise BurnettDenise Burnett
          Member since Apr 2022

Actions speak louder than words. Leadership can have the best intentions and have outlined wonderful expectations for the company culture but if it is not put into practise, it is meaningless. Staff see the example set by leadership as the true expectation. There needs to be consistency in actions from all leadership for it to be seen as reliable and trusted by staff.

October 19, 2022 at 11:21
          • Trina Anderson, PCPTrina Anderson, PCP
            Member since Aug 2022

Leadership is key. If leadership doesn’t follow the company policies, code of conduct, all things that make up the company culture, employees are not going to follow them. Practice what you preach and lead by example…that’s what leaders need to do to maintain a positive company culture.

June 13, 2023 at 22:28
            • The topic ‘What do I need to consider and highlight when I design my company culture?’ is closed to new replies.